Difference between Fashion and Trend
Key Difference: Fashion and trend are the latest words heard from the youth but what is it all about? Fashion is nothing but the style and design of clothes, accessories, shoes, make up or haircut. Though, trend is a part of fashion, it is a word which is known for inspiring one about the latest collection at a prescribed time.
We generally hear people speaking about fashion and trend. The difference between both the words is fashion changes for a particular season, climate or weather. But trend has a specific tenure which people follow and go through. It is six months, 1 year or 2 years tenure but sometimes it may extend as well because of the unique style. Fashion and trend sometimes means the same or actually, it has the same meaning with a different word because both have the same work to do, that is to ‘follow the trend’ as in wearing the latest styles or fashions.
Fashion has a lot of styles through which one can choose which is unimaginable. It is never constant. Fashion is how one creates one self by wearing or using different styles that look into fashion. In fashion, whichever thing is “in” will be popular, everyone wants it.
Dictionary.com defines ‘fashion’ as:
• A prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.: the latest fashion in dresses.
• Conventional usage in dress, manners, etc., especially of polite society, or conformity to it: the dictates of fashion; to be out of fashion.
• Manner; way; mode: in a warlike fashion.
• The make or form of anything: He liked the fashion of the simple, sturdy furniture.
• A kind; sort: All fashions of people make up the world.
Trend is a general direction where people tend to move. Trends are like waves in the ocean, it reaches the shore once in a while. It has a prolonged period of time when prices of financial market rises and goes down because of the demand of the particular trend. People, who live in different parts of the country, of course will have different styles, different ideas, and different demands and will buy different kinds of materials which is suitable to their climate, area or society.
Dictionary.com defines ‘trend’ as:
• The general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
• Style or vogue: the new trend in women’s apparel.
• The general direction followed by a road, river, coastline, or the like.
In the actual sense, people should find their own way to choose their style rather than someone else’s. It’s just that you can be unique by not trying to be unique. Fashion is always conforming to personalities. Fashion may cost high, but you always want to buy a new outfit, ornaments, etc. The latest example of a fashion and trend are the Android phones. People are following new technology with advanced applications like anything without bothering about the cost. So only opulent people may keep their self with the latest fashion because it is not a basic need of life to remain with but when the trend comes with the society you have to adapt to it in order to be a part of society.